Why We Want to Be Your 3rd Ward Aldermen:
- We believe that city legislation and decisions that impact the citizens of the 3rd Ward should be based on facts and data. .
- We believe in fiscal responsibility and accountability. City Taxes are tied to spending outlined in the City Budget and representatives on the Common Council should always keep this connection in mind- and feel accountable to how $ is spent- and the return on investment of that $.
- The 3rd Ward is home to Columbia Memorial Hospital- We believe that the 3rd Ward Aldermen should have a close working relationship with hospital management- to address challenges such as parking, littering, sidewalk smoking, etc.
- The 3rd Ward is home to some of Hudson’s busiest intersections and streets. We believe the 3rd Ward Aldermen should lead the charge in making these intersections and streets safer.
- We believe that Hudson is a city experiencing a great renaissance- a revival that the city did not plan for or expect- and that legislative decisions should be made looking to the future- that will ensure continued growth and progress that can benefit every citizen.
Who We Are:
John Darby grew up in rural Georgia, went to Emory University, taught Elementary School in New Orleans, moved to NYC, worked in various roles at Teach For America during its first 10 years- ending as Director of Research and Evaluation, worked in digital marketing for almost 20 years at Conde Nast- Vogue.com, Epicurious.com, etc, Hearst- Elle.com, and most recently at StreetEasy as VP Marketing when it was acquired by Zillow. John is currently the Director of Admissions at Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School.
Rafael Pimentel grew up in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and immigrated to the US in the early 80s. Rafael held various role in the banking and investment field at several firms including Louis Dreyfus & ED&F Man Capital for more than 15 years- then served as the General Manager for his brother’s medical practices in Queens, NY for 10 years before moving to Hudson where he now works with LafargeHolcim.
PLEASE VOTE TUESDAY JUNE 25th
The Primary Election is on Tuesday June 25 and the winners of the Primary will likely win the November General Election –so your vote on June 25 is CRUCIAL!
Our job starts with getting to know you.
Let us know what is important to you in the 3rd Ward.
Copyright Darby & Pimentel For 3rd Ward Aldermen – All rights reserved